ARTICHOKE & GARLIC SAUSAGE QUICHE
Recipe Type: Entrée
A savory quiche perfect for any meal of the day.
- 1 package aidells artichoke & garlic sausage (chopped)
- 1 can canned or frozen artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the sausage for 3 to 5 minutes, until it begins to brown slightly. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature. Sprinkle the sausage artichoke hearts and cheese in the bottom of the pie shell. Beat together the eggs, cream and seasonings. Carefully pour into the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes on lowest oven rack. Reduce temperature to 325º and continue baking 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.