We’re at peak season for picnics and grilling! Turn your friends and family on to the best burgers they’ve ever sunk their teeth into with this gourmet version of plain ol’ hamburgers. Dijon, herbs & Blue Cheese add extra “zinginess” while carmelized onions bring some sweetness. Include your favorite, in season, toppings like arugula, heirloom tomato slices, Bubbies real dill pickles or perhaps even a few strips of bacon or a glob of fresh guacamole!
We recommend using a good, ground grass-fed beef or grass-fed lamb for these!
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 medium yellow or red onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 4 sourdough or pub style buns
- optional ingredients
- Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring golden and soft, about 20 minutes; reduce the heat to low if the onions begin to brown too quickly.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the beef, herbs, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and form into four patties.
- Grill the burgers, covered, for 3 minutes. Flip the burgers and top with the cheese. Cover and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- When the burgers are nearly done, toast the rolls on the grill until lightly browned and heated through. Serve the burgers in the rolls, topped with the caramelized onions and your other favorite ingredients.