Stop by and see Jan tonight in the wine department, until close, to taste some Tempranillo Road 2016. She has some great cheese samples and some delicious Strong Dark Chocolate by Chocolove!
We also have some fresh seafood that arrived today: Black Cod, Crab, Red Rockfish, Dover Sole and Lingcod!
Try out this delicious recipe for Black Cod! It can be baked or grilled.
- 2 black cod steaks
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you're going to bake the steaks).
- Mix together the melted butter, marinade, garlic, and a few dashes of pepper.
- Pour the mixture over cod steaks in a shallow glass dish, and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- To bake: bake in a casserole or baking dish in the marinade at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- To grill: cook on a grill pan on your stove, turning carefully once, until fish flakes easily, about 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade. I've also done it using a Foreman grill, brushing occasionally with marinade, until it flaked easily; it can take anywhere between 10-15 minutes, depending on your Foreman.
- Serve with steamed white rice, a little of the juices poured over.