Sun-Dried Tomato & Mozzarella Chicken Roulade
Add a little color, elegance, and Mediterranean-inspired flavor to chicken breast with this easy recipe.
Author: Chef Ben Maides - Au Courant Restaurant
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4 boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts
- 10 ounces spinach, sautéed, drained, and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 4 ounces drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, as needed
- Canola or olive oil, as needed
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Lay each chicken breast flat on a cutting board and, with a sharp boning of filet knife, carefully split the chicken breasts in half and fold open like a book—being careful not to cut all the way through. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and gently pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet until about a quarter to a half inch thick. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine. Place mix in the center of each of the breasts and carefully roll each cut like a burrito. Use toothpicks to help keep the seams closed.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat and carefully sear all sides of the chicken. Finish in a 400-degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until temperature reads 165°F in its thickest portion of the chicken. Let rest at least 10 minutes and slice. Drizzle chicken with extra-virgin olive oil (optional).
Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Soup
Author: Chef Jessica Tijerina
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts, thinly sliced or cubed
- Oil, as needed
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 ribs celery, washed and diced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- ½ jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 blade lemongrass, tough outer skin removed, then crushed and sliced
- 3 (32-ounce) containers chicken stock or broth
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can coconut milk (substitute cream for a thicker soup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces Thai noodles
- Scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced for serving
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and lemongrass. Cook vegetables for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, turn the heat to high, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Strain the broth and set vegetables aside. Pour the broth back into stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the lime juice, zest, white pepper, and chicken. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the coconut milk and season with salt. Taste and add more salt and lime juice as needed.
- Turn off the heat, add the noodles, and let sit for 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately with sliced scallions.