Sablefish, also known as Butterfish, Skil, Beshow, Coalfish, or more popularly Black Cod, is a rich white-flesh fish with a moist, succulent, velvety texture and high Omega-3 content. Melt-in-your-mouth good, Sablefish is available year round, being wild caught off the entire US pacific coast (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, & California). Sustainably managed & harvested to boot!
Seeing as we have some great Sablefish in now from Pacific Seafood, stop in and try some with this recipe below!
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Chili Paste
- 6 ounces Smoked Sablefish (Black Cod)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and reduce by half.
- Sear sablefish in a hot sauté pan and finish cooking in a 400 degree oven.
- To assemble, place sablefish on a plate and pour glaze over the fish until it pools around the fish.