Here’s a tasty recipe for Skate Wing, enjoy!
Skate Wing Schnitzel
A tasty treat!
Author: Adapted from Adam Evans, Bon Appetit
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Fine Chopped Herbs (Flat Leaf Parsley, Tarragon, or Chives) divided.
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Capers
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 Cups Torn Bread
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Stick (1/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- Skate Wings (around 6oz, up to four)
- Optional Lemon Wedges for serving
- Pulse bread in a food processor until semi-fine crumbs form.
- Place breadcrumbs, eggs, and flour in separate shallow bowls.
- Mix ¼ cup herbs into breadcrumbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Season skate with salt and pepper. Dredge skate in flour, shaking off excess, coat with egg, letting excess drip back into bowl, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- After, transfer wings to separate plate.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, sauté skate until golden brown and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate; season with salt.
- Pour off oil in pan; heat butter, stirring occasionally, until foaming and starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in capers, lemon juice, mustard, and remaining ¼ cup herbs.
- Drizzle skate with brown butter sauce and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.