A bit of a dreary day today, so perfect type of day to kick things up with a tasty Hamburger Soup recipe from Painted Hills. With plenty of veggies and a bit of kick, this recipe will definitely take the bleak out of the day
Painted Hills' Hamburger Soup
Author: Painted Hills, adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Recipe type: Simple, Soup
- 2 to 2.5LB Ground Beef
- 1 Whole Onion; Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks; Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic; Minced
- 1 Can (14.5Oz) Whole Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Beef Stock or Beef Broth
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper; Seeded and Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper; Seeded and Diced
- 1 Green Pepper; Seeded and Diced
- 4 Carrots; Peeled and Cut
- 5 Whole Red Potatoes; Cut into Bite-sized Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt; To Taste
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper; To Taste
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper; To Taste
- In large pot over medium-high heat, brown the meat with onion, celery, and garlic.
- Remove the pot from the heat and drain off any fat.
- Return pot to the heat and add rest of ingredients.
- Stir to combine, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, then cover the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 Minutes, until potatoes are tender but not overly mushy.
- Soup should be somewhat thick, but if wanting a thinner soup, add 1 to 2 cups more broth or hot water and heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread!