Good afternoon everyone!
Today’s Meaty Monday is a trio of fresh Beef cuts!
Boneless Chuck Steaks @ $4.89/LB, Boneless Short Ribs @ $3.69/LB, and Cross Rib Roasts @ $4.99/LB!
If you’ve got some time to cook it, the follow recipe works really well for short ribs!
- 1 package Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 can/bottle of Stout Beer, dark beer like Guinness.
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour until coated, shake off any excess flour.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet or dutch over over medium-high heat.
- Cook ribs until browned on each side, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet, cooking until onion is tender, about five minutes.
- Return ribs to skillet and pour in beer.
- Stir, making sure to scrape bottom of the pan, until all the browned bits are mixed in well with liquid.
- Pour in beef stock, cover skillet or dutch oven and simmer over low heat until tender, around two hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!