This month’s Natural Directions special features this tasty recipe using the natural and/or organic varieties you’ll find on sale all month long. Let us know what you think!
Natural Directions Black Bean Soup
This month's ad special has a great black bean soup recipe made from several organic items you'll find on special all month long :)
Author: Natural Directions
Recipe type: Soup, Warm Food
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Onions, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Sliced Jalapenos, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Pound Black Beans, Rinsed & Soaked
- 1½ Tablespoons Cumin
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 Oz Can)
- Pour oil into a large stockpot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, jalapenos, and garlic.
- Saute until onion is tender.
- Add beans and cumin to the stockpot and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until beans are tender, stirring occasionally for two to two and a half hours.
- Using a blender, puree half of the soup with fresh cilantro.
- Add pureed soup back to pot.
- Add red wine vinegar and diced tomatoes, stirring to combine.
- Season to taste with salt & black pepper.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Optionally, top with sour cream, chopped red onion, crumbled goat cheese, or a fresh squeeze of lime.