Good Morning everyone!
Today’s Meaty Monday specials are:
Baby Back Pork Ribs @ $3.99/LB, Cross Rib Roasts @ $4.99/LB, and Sirloin Tip Steaks @ $5.99/LB.
I’m a big fan of Beef Pot Roasts, so here’s a great recipe to use with our Cross Rib Roasts as well as our other roasts we cut!
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Thyme Leaf/Sprig
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2 cups Chopped Onion
- 1 (2-3 Pound) Cross Rib Roast, Bottom Round Roasts, orChuck Roasts (Boneless)
- 1 Cup Dry Red Wine (Such as a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Shiraz/Syrah, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, and Cabernet Franc.)
- 1 (14-ounce) Can of Beef Broth
- 4 Carrots, Cut diagonally or in chunks
- 2 Pounds Potatoes, Yukon Gold work well for this recipe but others do just as great! Cut and peeled into 2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or roasting dish over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Add roast to pan; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides then remove roast from pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Return browned roast to pan.
- Add the red wine, thyme sprigs, chopped garlic, beef broth, and bay leaf to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Cover pan and bake at 350° for 1½ hours or until the roast is almost tender.
- Add carrots and potatoes to pan.
- Cover and bake an additional 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf from pan; discard. Shred meat with 2 forks.
- Serve roast with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.