How to Roast a Perfect Rack of Lamb
Effortlessly impressive to serve on special occasions, yet simple to prepare for everyday meal, you’ll never go wrong with this roasted rack of lamb infused with rosemary and garlic.
Author: Sweet & Savory by Shinee
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2lbs frenched rack of lambs (about 2 racks with about 8 ribs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- In a small dish, combine salt and spices. Sprinkle seasoning evenly all over the lamb.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic in a large zip lock bag and spread it evenly inside the bag.
- Put the racks of lamb into the bag and place the rosemary on each side.
- Squeeze out the air and zip the bag. Massage it slightly so that olive oil, garlic and all other spices are evenly distributed.
- Marinate the lamb for at least an hour, or overnight. Bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the lamb racks on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes depending how you like it done. The internal temperature should reach at least 130-140°F for medium rare. Broil for 2-3 minutes to add a little char before taking it out.
- Cover with foil and rest for about 5 minutes before serving.