How to Roast a Perfect Rack of Lamb
Recipe Type: Dinner
Effortlessly impressive to serve on special occasions, yet simple to prepare for everyday meal, you’ll never go wrong with this roasted rack of lamb infused with rosemary and garlic.
- 2lbs frenched rack of lambs (about 2 racks with about 8 ribs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- In a small dish, combine salt and spices. Sprinkle seasoning evenly all over the lamb.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic in a large zip lock bag and spread it evenly inside the bag.
- Put the racks of lamb into the bag and place the rosemary on each side.
- Squeeze out the air and zip the bag. Massage it slightly so that olive oil, garlic and all other spices are evenly distributed.
- Marinate the lamb for at least an hour, or overnight. Bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the lamb racks on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes depending how you like it done. The internal temperature should reach at least 130-140°F for medium rare. Broil for 2-3 minutes to add a little char before taking it out.
- Cover with foil and rest for about 5 minutes before serving.