Thanks to Greg (aka ‘Spanky’) and Jess (alias ‘Boss-man’) we have Fresh Basil and Top Sirloin steak for a delicious stuffed steak recipe, Basil-stuffed Steak!
This recipe is straight-forward and delicious, so without further ado:
- 1 boneless Top Sirloin or Sirloin Tip Steak (2 to 2.5 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1.5 cups lightly packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Make 5 Lengthwise cuts ¾ths of the way through the steaks.
- Mix salt, pepper, and parsley; rub over steak.
- Chop basil; add onion, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Stuff into pockets in the steak, tie with heavy string at 2 inch intervals.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Grill covered, medium heat for 35-40 minutes, until desired doneness is reached.
Everything can be found fresh, but top sirloin supply is limited so hurry on down now!