FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS
If you are serious about getting your fruit servings in, this is a fun way to do it. The bright red fruit salsa is addictive. It is best eaten the day it is made.
Author: Taste of Home
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 servings
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and well drained
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons peach or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill for 20 minutes or until serving.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cut each tortilla in half; cut each half into 10 strips. Fry strips, a few at a time, until light golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over strips and toss to coat. Serve with salsa.