In now we have some fantastic fresh Sturgeon that you can use to make this awesome recipe below! (Easily my in my Top 5 favorites!)
We also have plenty of Perch, Steel Head Salmon, Shrimp, Scallops, Pacific Cod & more!
- 2 sliced shallots
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- a bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 4 ounces fish stock
- 2 pounds butter, melted
- 1.5 to 2 pounds sturgeon fillet
- 1 bunch watercress, baby kale, or parsley
- 1 small red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed & drained
- Whisk together shallots, vanilla bean, bay leaf, salt, stock and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk in butter and warm to 145 degrees F.
- Place sturgeon in butter and make sure butter remains at 145F.
- Poach for about 12 to 15 minutes. Check with fork for doneness.
- Remove from liquid when done and garnish with watercress, onions and capers.
- Chopped Baby Kale is a good substitute for Watercress. Less butter can be used by cooking in a smaller deep pot.